Wednesday, May 20, 2015

to recycle, or hold?

I almost have my patio furniture together

     Yes, this the set from Plow and Hearth that I thought of sending back.
     I ordered a table and four chairs and a storage box.  To recap:  The storage box took over three hours to assemble.  There were 7 pieces.  Directions stunk.
     I now have received 5 chairs, but can only assemble 3.  One chair has a bad arm, one chair has a bad seat.  Now you would think I could take two chairs and combine them into one, but the grooves, notches and pegs don't match up.  I would have to do some major alterations.
     So I called customer service.
     Talked to a nice guy who said they can send me a seat and solve the whole problem.
     To which I said, you can?
     "I have a parts diagram in front of me, and it shows a chair seat.  So I can have the seat sent to you."
     Really.  They told me before they could not do that so they had to send the entire chair.
     "Oh no, we can send this seat.  That should work."
     What if the seat slots and knobs don't line up?
     "Oh sir, that should not be a problem."
     But it is, otherwise I would have combined the two chairs I have into one chair and not be on the phone with you.
     "We'll send that part out this afternoon."
     I thanked him.
     And now I await the seat, which will not be sent because they can't send one piece.
     I just hope I get a chair that goes together.
     I also have the boxes for the chairs in case I decide to ship something back.  Recycling comes tomorrow, and I would like to get rid of the boxes.
     I know I am a complainer.  I should have sent the furniture back, but I like it.
     Plus, I have the two year old cushions that have never been used.  That cost a couple of bucks too!
     I do know that when called upon to review the product, my comments will not be well received.
     They might even be x rated.
     By this time next week, I vow to be sitting in my complete patio set, on the deck.
     To do that I need to seal the furniture, assemble a fourth chair, and have lots of wine.
     But I can do it.  If you want to help, bring your own wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment