Thursday, May 21, 2015

huffin and puffin

I rode my bike again today

     That is the second time this week!!  I had been riding a stationary bike in the basement, but it feels good to ride outside.
    I get bothered by a funny thing.  I rode the path in town on Monday.  Stopped to talk to Bethie at the middle school, and my trip meter read 7.9 miles when I got back to my car.
     If I ride from my house over to Childer's Acres, which is just off IL 38 near Center Road, it is only 5.2 miles!!  On the map it looks much farther, but it is not.
     If I ride my subdivision, it is 2.2 miles.  So I ride my subdivision, then out to Childer's Acres and get 7.4 miles. still short of the bike path.
    But on the bike path I would not have seen the really neat French street scene painting that one of my neighbors is tossing out.
     It's sitting out there in the trash right now (or maybe not, it is late!) looking for a new home.  I think it would look nice in the basement.
     Unfortunately I think someone would be really mad at me if I picked it up and brought it home....so I guess I won't.
     Last January I made it a goal to walk and ride 500 miles this year.  I don't think I am anywhere near reaching that goal.  But it is a long summer, so there is hope.
     Right now I need to find my biking shorts....my butt is pretty sore.
    And I'm pretty tired.  So I'll go to bed dreaming about French street scenes.
     Peace and baguettes!



No comments:

Post a Comment