Thursday, May 28, 2015

geez......

I got a lot done today

     Most importantly, my sixth chair arrived and I now have four chairs to sit in on the patio!
I thought this was chair number seven, but it is only six.  I have two to send back....lucky I kept the boxes.
     The chair went together in 15 minutes......all the pieces fit, all the parts worked.  My faith in the bureaucracy has been restored.
     I also got the railing up on the back patio steps.  Now Jackie has something to hold onto when descending the two steps.  It went remarkably well, considering I am an idiot.
     You laugh?  I was talking to Jackie on my cell phone when I swore and said I could not find the stinking phone.  Seriously.  I was talking on it and looking for it.
     When in the hardware store, I bought a huge hex wrench.  By the time I picked it up to when I went to the checkout, I had set it down somewhere.  I also bought five (5) self tapping screws for the railing.  The kid put them in a bag, marked them, and I counted four (4) screws.  I asked him where the fifth one was.  "Um, you are holding it" he said.  This was right after losing the hex wrench.
     Went to the ATM at the bank, used the wrong pin number.  Twice.  Actually, it was the right pin but it was the wrong card.
     Bought a sprayer to spread deer repellent around the plants.  This is the combination of fox and wolf piss plus peppers and other organic stuff.  I had to buy a sprayer because the two I was trying to use would not work.
    The new sprayer has a clear plastic tube about 2 feet long.  It's a one gallon sprayer.  I think I am in trouble because the first line of the directions (yes, I read them.  I don't follow them, but I read them.) says insert the pink tube...........something's amiss.
     Funny thing was, after fooling with it and driving all the way in to Walmart, the first sprayer worked.
     It's a miracle, I tell you.  Call the pope.
     Last night was a long night.   I am engrossed in a book called "Dead Wake."  It's the story of the sinking of the Lusitania, which brought the US into The Great War.  Detailed, human book about the ship and the sub and all the people involved. Well, most of them.
     One interesting paragraph was an Austrian sub captain who after sinking a boat, said submarine warfare was how cowards fight.  He preferred to be in the trenches, facing his enemy, rather than hidden below the water.
      The Austrian commander was a man named VanTrapp.....who at the beginning of WW II fled to Switzerland with his singing family rather than serve in the German Navy.
As Artie Shaw would say, "velllllly interesting.  Yah?"
Peace and love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment