Sunday, May 3, 2015

What a day....

I am a little tired tonight

     I did an MS walk this morning.  Emily, John, Sherri and I walked with the Miles for Smiles team in Rockford.  This is a team formed by the Hayden/Harper clan and it was great they welcomed us into their family.
     Jackie was there, but she did not walk.  She did enjoy the beautiful sunny morning.
     Several years ago we walked in St Charles.  It was a hot day.  The walk was along the Fox River, but there had been some flooding so the path was changed.  You walked about 2 or 3 miles. turned around, and walked back.  It was hot.  I hope I don't forget to mention it was hot.
     That walk took about 3 hours, if memory serves correctly, which it often doesn't.
     Today's walk....about 35 minutes.
     It was short.  It was not hot.
     Length does not matter because it all goes toward raising money to find a cure for MS.
     I also signed up for a bike ride in June.  If you want to contribute to an MS event, go to this site:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/ILDBikeEvents?px=14080464&pg=personal&fr_id=25280

     That should take you to my personal page and you can donate.
     I am riding with the Jackies Jokers team.  I had planned a team, but at this point I am a lone ranger!  You can also sign up to ride, but you have to raise $300 in pledges.  I have a ways to go.
     (Truth:  I don't remember making a personal page.  The good looking person on the bike is not me.)
     When we got home , I almost finished the raised beds, planted 9 oak trees in a plastic container that weighs 90 tons, cleaned two bathrooms and a bedroom, did some laundry and emptied the dish washer.
     John and Kevin got the grill on the patio, so tomorrow I can test for leaks.  And order a replacement side piece because this one is broken.
     I am listening to thunder in the distance, and not sure how I will sleep tonight.
     Tomorrow my plan is to ride my bike and assemble my new patio furniture.
     Add my inability to follow directions with my inability to read small print, and you can just guess what they will look like!
     Jackie has dusted a couple of rooms, so I get to run the vacuum.  We generally clean every Thursday, but since April 9 we have not done that.  It was a little confusing around here.
     But the kids have moved into their rental, so we are empty nesters again.
     Peace and love, world.



No comments:

Post a Comment