Thursday, May 7, 2015

it's how much??

I am eligible for senior discounts

     I know many of you are shocked to know I am over 49, but it is true.
     I can get a senior discount in a lot of places.
     But I have to ask.
     I know the discounts are available, but honestly, I felt goofy asking for them.
     First off, I am not mentally a senior.  Not a senior citizen, not a senior statesman, not even a senior in high school.   Don't get me wrong, I have senior moments.
     Like today.  Was weeding the plants in front.  I went out with four tools.  By the time I hit the fifth plant, I only had three tools.  I lost my pronger donger type tool.  I looked, and looked, and looked....but I never found it.
     Aside from that senior moment, and trying to heat up my food by putting it in the fridge instead of the microwave, I am of sound mind and semi sound body.
     So should I take the discounts?  More importantly, should I ask for one?
     For example, Big R gives 15 percent off to seniors on the first Tuesday of the month.  I want to buy a shepherd's hook to hang a feeder and they are $30 or so.  15 per cent is.....borrow from the ones, trade tens, divide by ten, add the temperature of the human body at rest.....$4.50, which pays for my coffee at Cypress House!
     McDonald's has a senior coffee, Kohl's has senior Wednesday.  At Kohl's, if you have the right type of coupons you can buy stuff and they actually give you money!!
     I always feel guilty about taking the discount, because truthfully the money never seems to amount to much.
     Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way.  I should view it as a challenge:  Can I raise enough money by getting senior discounts to buy a Porsche?
     Reaching an age where I get a senior discount.  Almost makes the sore knees, failing eyesight, flatulence, faulty hearing and memory loss worth it.
     Almost.


No comments:

Post a Comment