Friday, March 13, 2015

why not just eliminate g?

I think the letter g has disappeared

     I mean, where is it in high?  Or sign?  Or cough?
     Not only that, but what happened to ing endings?  now its breakin' news; talkin" to the Iranians.
     Our president does it.  Our governor does it.
     Everybody seems to be droppin the g on ing endins!!
     I know, it gives that "folksy" sound we all adore.  Sounds like you are one of the common people, one of the pack.
     Well, Excuuuuse me!  I am not one of the common people!  I am educated, well read and semi literate!
     Sure, I grew up thinkin all dogs were Spot, all girls were Janes, and all boys were Dicks, but I did learn to read.
     (In retrospect, that doesn't sound riht!)
     But somewhere along the line, we stopped caring that we sound literate.  And intellijent. (I know,    I am using a j instead of a g to prove my point.)
     I just wanted to put my two cents into the discussion.
     After all, it's startin to be a presidential season, and several folk will be runnin for the top office, hopin to win our confidence and our vote.
     By golly and by cracker, if they have to sound a little dumb doin it, then blame us for not demandin better.


No comments:

Post a Comment