Wednesday, March 4, 2015

read?? what's that??

I just realized I have stopped reading

     In the past six months, I think I have read one book.  One.  And that took me forever.
     I have a list of books to read, and I am sure I will start.  Soon.
     I have watched 61 episodes of Poirot on Masterpiece Theater.  Some of these episodes were 1 hour, but about 25 were 90 minutes.  That takes up a little time.  Throw in Downton Abbe, some early Parks and Recreation, a couple of Sherlock Holmes and you can see what happened to reading.
     Emily reminded me of that just a little while ago.  rotary Club sponsors a reading challenge with middle school students and high school students.  Last year we also recorded our pages read.  I am embarrassed by my giving up the printed form.
     I guess it's time to start reading real books.
     Yes, I have a list...but sometimes my list is a little weird.  And some titles may be just words I wrote down on a piece of paper that are totally unrelated to book titles....i do that.
     Anyway, think I'll head to the library tomorrow and get a book.  Or maybe two.
     Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment