Friday, November 26, 2021

working out

I got quite a stair stepper work out today 


    I started bringing up Christmas from the basement.

    If you don't know, we have at least 489 plastic tubs with Christmas stuff packed away.

    Ornaments,  Lights. Candles. Figurines. Dishes.  Glasses.  More ornaments.  Stuffed animals.  Mangers.  Tree stand.  Ok, that one is not in a box.  Neither are the rugs that go under the tree in case it leaks.

    I did as much as I could then I had to take a break.  My knees were starting to ache, as was my back, and my hands, and my feet, and my toes, and my ears.  The only thing that did not hurt was my prostate because that was removed one year ago.

    It usually takes a few days to unpack the holiday.  I have a tendency to want to put stuff anywhere, but Jackie is very specific on where things go.  So I do what she says.

    Tomorrow John and I are going tree hunting.  I am looking for a 200 or 300 pointer that I can kill and mount in the living room.

    While I am gone, Emily and Jackie were given one (1) job to do:  weed out the bags!  I figure 3 piles:  1 to save, 1 to toss, 1 to pass on to someone who can use them.

    We have 2 tubs of bags!  Every year we put bags in, but never take them out.  Cloth bags, paper bags, bags with handles, bags for wine, bags for big gifts, bags for small gifts.  You get the idea.  Bags.

    Hopefully I will only end up with half a tub.  Hopefully.

    Well, I am bagging it for tonight!

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment