Tuesday, November 23, 2021

oops...again

 Sometimes I am an idiot


    No common sense.

    I hear truly intelligent people lack common sense, but that is not the case with me.

    I just lack common sense.

    Tonight we made a corn casserole for Thursday.  Friend Amy brought this a couple of times and we really like it.  Since Amy opted out of coming, Jackie thought we could make the casserole.

    She gave me a list of ingredients, including 15 oz. of creamed corn.

    When I went to the store, I could not find a 15 oz can, but I found 4.75 oz cans.  I figured three of those would be close to the 15 oz.

    Jackie was suprised I could only find 4.75 oz cans.  So was I.

    I got out a bowl tonight, opened three cans of creamed corn and poured it into the bowl, which almost filled the bowl.  I still had sweetcorn and corn bread mix to add.

    When I told Jackie I should have used a bigger bowl, she seemed surprised.

    "Are you sure you put in the right amount?"  might have been asked.  I said yes, and picked up the can.

    14.75 oz.  Not 4.75.  Somehow, I missed the 1. 

    Someone might have asked, didn't the cans feel heavier than 4 oz?  

    Common sense should have kicked in when I opened the first can.  Or at least the second.

    If anyone would like to stop over tomorrow for a bowl of creamed corn, let me know and I will gladly heat one up for you.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment