Saturday, September 7, 2019

duh.....

The older I get, the dumber I seem

     I left the zoo yesterday at 2.  I was in a hurry to get home to mow.
     I stopped for coffee,  a present, Jackie's supper, Corki's treats, and my supper.       I got home by 4.
     I thought I was making great time!
     I walked in the house and the cuckoo was clucking once...twice...three times...four times...five times.  Five times?
     What the hell!
     My watch stopped.  Instead of 4, it was 5. 
     I got supper for everyone, then went to mow.
     I ran out of gas.
     My four gas cans were empty.
    Went into town to get gas, got home too late to mow.
     So today I finished.  The grass was really long.  I mow at 3.5 inches, but the mower clogged and died twice. 
     I set the mower at 4.5 and mowed.
     Then I lowered it to 3.5 and mowed again.  It went surprisingly quick.
     When I finished, I discovered I did not lock in the height at 3.5 and was mowing at 5 inches!  Which means, I spent 40 minutes and a lot of gas driving back and forth through the yard!
     And yes, for those keeping score, it was not the first time I had done this! 
Now I have to mow again...three times in two days!
     I swear, if I get any older you will have to have someone monitor me.  Damn, aging is fun.
     So tonight I am finishing the last of the rosé.  It is going down nicely, thank you, and taking some of the sting out of being occupied.  Oops....channelling Casablanca again!
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment