Sunday, August 11, 2019

the end is near

I knew I would have to go home

     I always have mixed emotions.
     Yes, I will be  glad to be home in my own house, in my own bed, with my other daughter and her husband around, and our friends and the few remaining relatives within  easy driving distances.
     But it is still hard to leave.
     I usually save my tears for the airport.  It's just really hard to say so long.  Yes, we will see her in a few months, but it is never easy for me.
     Taking all that into consideration, today was a petty darn nice day.
     Weather wise, it was perfect.
     Scenic wise it was drop dead amazing.
     Julia's friend Liz lives up the mountain.  Her house has amazing views of the lake and the mountains across the lake.  It was a wonderful place for a barbecue and an afternoon of visiting.
     I did feel odd....there were four from England and three of us US era, but I understood everything.  I even learned that if you are a plonker, it is not a complement.
     Anyway, good food, good people, good conversation, good wine.
     And good night.
Peace and Love

You could see the stadium built for the fete.  The last show was today.

Put this picture alongside the next one and you get the view from Liz's place



Matt did he grilling




Our gracious host Liz and ur grimmer Matt

Tom and Stuart relaxing 
Later in the day, the rain rolled in






No comments:

Post a Comment