Monday, August 26, 2019

happy day

I had some good fortune today

     My light fixture for the laundry room is evidently available.  I should know in a couple of days if it truly is, or if the website is not being honest.
      As a reminder, the fixture shorted out.  The transformer or whatever is dead, so the fixture is dead.  This is a curved track lighting, with 4 supports fastened to the ceiling.  A new track means I have to repair the holes and have the ceiling repainted.  Luckily, the identical track seems to be available, making life so much easier.
     Which brings me  to my camera.   Reminder 2:  I dropped it in Switzerland.    The lens cover/filter shattered and had to be cut off and replaced.  No damage to the camera and lens.
     As I was leaving the camera shop, I thought about a project I have long delayed.  Going through the family slides and getting rid of them.  Sadly.
     I asked if they had a good recommendation for scanning slides to digital.  She said they did not sell any, but they used an Epson professional scanner to scan the slides.
     I have an Epson professional scanner that the girls gave me a few years ago because I said I was going to start scanning family pictures.  I read the on line owner's manual and found I needed a special sleeve.  It looked familiar, and after about 15 minutes of searching, I actually found it!  Amazing, isn't it?
     I stopped for coffee and when I went back to the car, I found $3 in the parking lot!
     And it stopped raining long enough for me to grill my salmon for dinner tonight!
     So many positives.........kind of worries me a little.
     One odd tidbit.  A couple of times in the past few weeks I have had a weird dream that woke me up.  When I go back to sleep, it have it again, waking up again.
     That happened last night.  Short description:  In my dream I am going someplace.  When I arrive I am two hours late.  But I left the house on time, did not get lost, went directly to where I was supposed to.  People said I never answered phone calls.  I was lost for 2 hours and had no recollection of where I was.  Happened twice.  Weird.
     Maybe tonight I will find out where I was.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment