Friday, August 16, 2019

if I were a rich man.....

I made a trip to Amboy today

     I know many of you are saying, "huh?"
     Amboy is a small town southwest of us, about a 30 minute drive.  There is a nice museum there, but I did not visit that.
     It is the place where Carson Pierre Scott & Co got its start, but I did not visit  that.
     Great little restaurant, but I did not visit that.
     One of the biggest Carhart stores I have ever seen, but I did not visit that.
     I did go to city hall, where I bought 50/50 tickets.  $10 worth for me, and $10 worth for Dan and Linda.
     Why did I go all that way to buy tickets?
     Because last year the winner walked away with about $99,000 and the year before the winner netted $120,000, or something near that.
     The pot used to be small, like $5,000.  But over the years the pot has grown and grown and grown until it hits an amazing amount.
     Money is used for projects around the community, like supporting the museum, city improvements, scholarships and other neat shtuff.
     Yes, I could have bought the tickets a little closer to home.  But in Amboy, I can buy them at city hall and walk across the street to the grocery store, go in and put them in the giant barrel myself.  That way I know for sure my tickets are in the drawing.
     I should have taken a selfie....but I forgot.  I could have bought more tickets and then taken a selfie, but I didn't want to.
     After all, you only need one ticket to win, right?
     Hopefully, we  have that ticket.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment