Thursday, October 25, 2018

duh......

Sometimes I don't think things through

     My gas grill has not been functioning properly.  I contacted Weber, described the problem, they gave a fix and said if that doesn't work, buy a new regulator.
Well, I went out Tuesday to start the grill and ...... no gas.  It's a new tank. 
     So I assumed it was the regulator.  I ordered one on line, disconnected the tank, attempted, but failed, to take the existing regulator off and then had a glass or two of alcohol.
     I also fired up the old grill.
     Emily came over and looked at the gas canister and asked what was wrong.  I explained the regulator must be faulty because I had it closed and it ran out of gas.
     She then said the obvious:  The shut off valve is not on the regulator, it is on the gas canister.  If anything was wrong, it was the valve on the gas tank.
     Long story even longer, I already ordered the regulator. 
     Before I try to install the new one, I'm going to try a different tank.
     In othe rwords, tanks, but no tanks.
     Meanwhile, got a couple of bike rides in this week and a few dog walks.  I am still experimenting with my new phone and it's photo capabilities.
     And that's about it for me.
     Peace out, dudes and dudettes.

The  rise of the harvest moon


Monarchs' favorite flower in seed


No comments:

Post a Comment