Friday, October 26, 2018

and now, a word from our sponsor

I hate watching television live

     The commercials are terrible.
     Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback, but the State Farm commercials are lame.  L..A...M....E.
     Same with the stupid little fur ball in the Cricket Wireless commercials.  He drops his towel and the guy is embarrassed....but the little fur ball doesn't wear pants in the first place.  Go figure.
     And the these are real people, not actors in the Chevy commercials.  Give me a break.  Those are not interesting or informative.
     Guys driving Dodge vehicles fast because we all know what we need more of on the road are idiotic drivers driving vehicles above the speed limits, or plowing over grasslands.  And Jeeps going through lovely streams in wooded areas, leaving oil, grease and gas residue in the water for the woodland creatures that have not fled the onslaught of SUVs to drink.
     Now I am watching the World Series and they have these highly annoying quick words, a 15 second or so commercial they stick in between pitches.  Highly annoying I repeat.
     It seems to me at one time there was a limit on commercials played during a 30 minute show.  Now the only limit is to see how many you can schedule and sell.
     We had Big Bang on our DVR and there was nearly 10 minutes of commercials in a half hour show. 
     There are some entertaining ones, at least for me.  The Progressive commercial that mocks Chevy.  George Clooney selling Nespresso.  Ok, that seems to do it for me.
      I get so tired of the trite and cliche approaches to selling products.  I know it's all about the bucks......and that sucks.
     Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy some insurance.  I think I can  save 10 percent.

No comments:

Post a Comment