Monday, December 4, 2017

a little night music

I like listening to public radio at night

     WNIJ out of DeKalb has a show called Echos......and they play ambient music.
     It was where I first heard Yo-Yo Ma and Coyote Oldman, I love the Silk Road and the totally haunting yet calming sound of flutes that Oldman performs.
     Sometimes when we camp in the fall, we put a CD on and just listen to it while we watch the fire.
     That comes on at 10, and is preceded by World Cafe, which has music of an international flavor along with interviews and live performances.
     Don't know why I am telling you this, which was far from my mind when I sat down to type.
     Now I don't remember what was on my mind!
     I watched the Carol Burnett 50th anniversary show last night and was reminded of how funny Tim Conway is, or was, depending on how you are looking at it.  I am glad they did the dentist skit and the elephant bit.  If you have never seen either, check out a You Tube posting of them.  You will enjoy the laugh.
     And I need to laugh.  I told Jackie I can't watch the news anymore, it is just too depressing and scary.
     I know I will have a hard time getting to sleep tonight, the wind has got me on edge.
     Luckily, I have Echos and spider solitaire to pass the time.
     Good night....sleep tight.




No comments:

Post a Comment