Friday, January 20, 2017

damn, damn, damn

I just don't seem to get it

     I have a couple of pictures I would like framed.  So I decided that today would be the day I head over to Sycamore to a framing shop.  It's owned by a local guy, not a big box or chain, and he does nice work.
     Then I figured I would stop at a big box type store with a circle as a logo and take advantage of some sales.
     Had Jackie go through the coupons and she pulled out a $1 for tp.
     I listened to the inauguration on the car radio.  One of the NPR reporters was talking about the planned events.
    Her statement went something like this:  (Note, not a direct quote but pretty darn close.)  "When former president Obama had his second inauguration, he had 10 inaugural balls.  Trump has just three scheduled.  And Obamas were fairly large but Trumps balls are small.   (There was a gasp and a giggle.)  Trumps inaugural balls are small."
     I thought it was funny.
     I drive to the framing shop to discover that in life it is always  better to do some recon.  Maybe calling ahead, or checking the website, if there is one.
    Anyway, he isn't open on Fridays.
    Next I stop at the store only to discover I had left all the coupons at home.
    Basically I drove to Sycamore, wasting gas and time,  buying stuff I could have bought in Rochelle while saving  money and time.
    Sometimes it is hard being me.
    Next week, I'll try it again.  But I will call first, just to be sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment