Tuesday, December 1, 2015

what was that noise?

Christmas has exploded at our house

     Boxes everywhere.
     We have about 15 or so Christmas boxes....huge plastic tubs loaded with all the trimmings.    Downstairs tree, upstairs tree, Dickens Village boxes 1, 2 and 3, outdoor lights, glasses, cookie containers, stuff to put around the house......there is a lot of Christmas in the air.
     We actually had more!  When we moved, we got rid of a lot of the Christmas decorations we didn't think we would need anymore.
     My legs are killing me tonight.
     Someone has to haul all those boxes up, and when they get emptied, they have to be hauled down again.
     I have a rule:  One box up, one box down.  But it 's a loose rule, otherwise I wouldn't have had six boxes up at one time.  It was like an obstacle course.
     We have about 15 houses in our Dickens" Village.  Actually, Jackie's Dickens' Village.  She started collecting them years ago and in the past five years has basically said, "Enough."  I like looking at the village....makes me think I am in jolly ole England in the time of A Christmas Carol.  (Digression.  We watch Christmas movies and every year I look for A Christmas Carol with either George C. Scott or Patrick Stewart.  I can never find them.  Barnes and Noble had a sale, so I looked and there they are!  So I bought one of each.  No, they are not blu - ray, just normal DVDs.  I paid $13 total for the two!  What a bargain!!  They are supposed to be here by Dec. 4.   I read the book every year.  I love the story.)
     So the village is up, trees and lamp posts need to be placed tomorrow.
     Then it's cleaning up all the packing material, styro scraps, and twist ties that are all over the house.
     I just hope we get it done tomorrow.
     Because I have a painting project for the weekend.
     A fool's work is never done.

No comments:

Post a Comment