Thursday, December 3, 2015

quite the day

I went downtown Thursday

     And by downtown, I mean Chicago.
     It was a solo trip....but it was still a good time.
     I went to the German market at Daley Plaza, then moseyed over to Macy's to check out the windows and the big tree.  I was truly under impressed with the windows.  They just did not move me like they have in the past.  In fact, they barely moved!  Maybe it's my age, but the windows seemed so much more imaginative and more whimsical in the past.  Ah, change.
     The windows focused on the planets and Christmas....and no, Pluto was not included.
     The big tree in the Walnut Room always amazes me.  I know Jackie loves to see that tree, but getting around downtown is just too difficult for her.  I suggested we go on a weekday, park at the Millennium garage, take the pedways to Field's, excuse me, Macy's and then take the elevator up to street level.
     She is still thinking about that.
     I love the market!  Of course I had the mulled wine, and some schnitzel.  I ordered the schnitzel sandwich...say that three times after a bootful of mulled wine!
     And I wandered down to Millennium Park and watched the skaters, looked at The Bean and saw the big tree.....to be honest, I didn't like the tree.  It looked like it was just stuck out in the yard.
     But hey.....my opinion doesn't matter.
     The day went downhill pretty quickly.
     While waiting for the train to leave, I found out Jackie fell and hit her head.  Mary Kay was there helping her and deciding whether to go to the hospital or not.  Luckily, she only has a bump on her head.  After talking to our doctor, they decided not to go the the ER.  Emily can over and so did John, and John stayed until I got home.
     She still has a knot, but did not lose consciousness or get sick.  Worst part is, she has no idea how it happened.
     Not to end on a downer, so here are some pictures from my day.

I like reflections......









Crepes??? At a German market????



The city tree....used to be by the market in Daley Plaza, but was moved to Millennium Park this year.


Walnut Room tree at Fields....I mean Macy's

Did I mention, I like reflections!

I would be afraid to stand on the right side of this building because it may tip over.  Weird base.


My gosh.....I thought I was smiling!




No comments:

Post a Comment