Sunday, December 6, 2015

this day turned real fast

My Sunday turned into kind of a bummer

     First off, the Bears.  That is all I want to say.
     Robbie Gould is accurate.  But today he missed two field goals.  The Bears have a new long snapper, like last week new.  Now Gould could have blamed the snapper.  After all, some guys snap at 8 feet, some at 7, some at 9.  It takes some time to get your  rhythm down with a new snapper.  But Gould refused to use that as an excuse.  When asked about it after the game, he basically said Hey, I'm the kicker.  I am supposed to make those,  I missed it.  You have to respect a guy like that.  He could have thrown the snapper or holder under the bus, but he didn't.
     During the game, I was pulling down the blue painters tape I used to help me paint around the trim.  In the sunlight, it looked like a pretty crappy paint job.  It had to be redone.
     After delivering calendars (Hey...i still have several to sell.  Need a Rotary Cash Give Away calender for only $20....call me or message me.  I eventually deliver.)  I re coated the wall in the dining room.  I had to take all the switch plates off, because Just put them back on,  but worst of all the house looks like a mess.  I need to get the furniture moved back into place tomorrow because    Jackie wants to start making cookies and we just can't create another mess.
     I finished the wall, then took the blue tape off the accent wall and .... you guessed it.  My edges are not covered.  It doesn't look good.  So tomorrow I have to redo the accent wall.
     My problem is along the ceiling.  I can't seem to keep the wall paint off the ceiling.  From now on, all my walls and ceilings will be one color.
     Finally, I moved to the computer to check e mail and ...... no e mail.  None.  John installed my Yahoo e mail on my phone in case I wanted to send pictures and I was playing with the phone.  I saw I had lots of Yahoo e mails, so I marked them and hit delete.  Next came a message that said delete all, so I hit that, thinking that meant the e mails I had just marked.
    It means exactly that. Delete all.
    Including:  My Cubs ticket information for 2016.  Luckily I have printed the tickets.  My Cuba registration, and questionnaire to complete.  An e mail from Callier chocolate in Switzerland with information for a story I am working on.  Information from the fan company on why my attic fans run so much.  A whole lot of stuff.  And that is what I remember.
     I am pretty bummed.
     Normally, I could recover that by going into the trash and sorting through it.  But my trash can is empty.
     I am more than a little bummed.
     I sometimes hate technology.
     Now I am going to bed.  I have a lot to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment