Sunday, December 13, 2015

Home again, home again jiggity jig

My family is complete for a few weeks

    We picked up Julia at O'Hare tonight.  She flew Swiss Air from Switzerland and it was a long flight.
     Emily, Jackie, John and Camryn went to the airport.  Actually, Emily went shopping, so she met us there.
     We dropped Jackie off at arrivals and Camryn and John walked in with her.  All I had to do was park the car.
     Somehow, I missed the turn into the parking lot.  The next 10 minutes are a blur.  There were a couple of turns, cars honking, a u turn, and finally I saw a sign that said "Reentry to Terminals" and I followed that.  Another sign said "International", so I followed that and eventually found the parking lot.
     I Swear......
     It's great having my Swiss daughter back in the US and the family back together again.  Jackie and I are going to bed happy tonight.
     It was a bit odd at the airport.  Usually there are some festive decorations, or groups singing, or something....but I did not see anything in the terminal.
     There was an officer telling people where to go:  connecting flights straight ahead, exiting the airport go left.  He was very effective.  He stopped people from going out the connecting flight route and made them go through the exit airport area.
     We all figured it was pretty important....but then he left.  The next officer adopted a go wherever you want attitude, which seemed to work just as well.
     Usually you also see some pretty emotional sights.  People arriving to crying relatives, or crying when they greet people, hugging, squeezing, laughing.  Tonight I only saw one display....when a grand mother hugged her two little grand children and the young and the old were crying and kissing.
     Of course, my eyes were completely clear.
     Damn...my nose is getting big!
     And I often wondered if I just went up to one of those people holding signs if they would take me someplace?
     Oh well....tired now.
     Peace and love.
Emily made her own sign

Who says you have to travel light?  Most of the load was wine and chocolate!!


No comments:

Post a Comment