Wednesday, December 9, 2015

I think it's a con

I get consumer confused sometimes

     Shopping requires too much math.
     Is the mega roll of toilet paper a better buy than four regular rolls?  And is a 12 pack of regular at $6.99 a better buy than a 25 mega roll pack at $29.99?  And when will the trains meet??
     The tp we buy most frequently comes in regular, double, family size, mega and now mega plus!  I did not take calculus in school, and I don't have the patience to stand in the aisle comparing the prices for the best buy.  So I opt for the biggest package I can get.
     We now have about 84 rolls of toilet paper, 16 rolls of paper towels, and three 200 count packages of napkins with the pretty designs on them in the basement.  In reserve.  Just in case there is a nationwide diarrhea outbreak...we will barricaded in our bathrooms clutching our mega rolls of  extra strength two ply in our arms while neighbors pound at the front door, begging for mercy and a few rolls.  I will laugh my wicked laugh and send them to the forest to forage for leaves of adequate size.
     Oops.   Got a little carried away.  Sorry.
     I tend to buy in bulk.  Which explains why we have not had to buy kitchen cleanser for about 5 months...that plus I don't clean the sinks as often as I should.
     I also stopped at a nationwide retailer, known for it's annual parade around Thanksgiving.
     They are having a sale.  I looked at a pair of pants that were $59, on sale for $37.  Plus you took 25 per cent off.  Plus I had an additional 25 per cent off coupon.  Now if they only had my size. $22 would be a good price for the pants.  Which makes me wonder why they just can't sell them that cheaply in the first place and not bother with all the faux sales and coupons.
     I did buy a belt.  I needed a belt, since my last one shredded.
     And guess what?
     I actually threw out the shredded belt!
     I didn't keep in "in case".  Or for another use, like an emergency fan belt on a 38 Studebaker.  I tossed two belts out, which is pretty amazing for me.
     Why was I looking for pants?
     Well, I have been retired for 7 years.  I have not bought a pair of pants during that time.  I have worn jeans and the pants I had when teaching.
     They are starting to show their age.
     Like me, they are getting a little weak in the knees plus they have more wrinkles than they used to.  Unlike me, they are getting thin in some areas, while I, on the other hand, resemble a snowman, but without a carrot nose and top hat.
    So I look for the "relaxed" fit, which gives a little more room in my protruding belly.
     Unfortunately, none met my elastic requirements.
     I am sure they will have another sale soon....they always do.  I'll just have to keep wearing my old pants until then.
Peace and Love to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment