Monday, December 21, 2015

holy cow!!

I may be losing my mind...again, still!

     We went out to eat tonight to celebrate John's college graduation.
     His favorite place is a restaurant in DeKalb/Sycamore that specializes in wings......wild wings, Buffalo style.  Got it?
     The garage door opener in the van stopped working.  I won't tell you why, but it just did.
     I keep forgetting to reprogram it, so we get in the car, back out, I get out and close the door with the big garage button, open the other door, exit and close that one with the remote.   Whew!!~  You are right, it is difficult.  Why not just reprogram it?
     So tonight we came home and I decided to do that.  Understand, we had four cars over there because everybody was coming from somewhere else.
     I pull into the driveway and see the door is open.  Huh, I thought.  I must have forgotten to close it.
     I go into the house and the Christmas tree is on.  I say out loud, "How did I miss turning off the tree?"
     A voice answers, "I just turned it on."
     And there is Julia.  I asked her how did you get home?
     "I drove."
     Then where's my car?
     "In the garage?"
     No, it's not.  I would have seen it.
     So I go back into the garage and there sits my car.
     How the hell did I miss my car?
     I look at Jackie and say, "Julia's home."  She looks at me and asks, "How did she get home?"
    "She drove my car, remember?"
     The two of us could not figure out the car sitting in the garage was driven by Julia.
     At least I got the opener reprogrammed quickly.
     If I get any denser, I will end up a 2 by 4.
     The dead deer is gone.  Evidently it got up and walked off on its three remaining legs.  It was there Sunday morning and gone Sunday night.
    Should have sawed off those antlers when I had a chance.
     Now a new mystery:  What happened to it?  It was too big to be dragged off by animals, there are no tire tracks, and there are no bloody remains.
     At least the fear of coyotes in the neighborhood has lessened.
     Good night, and good dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment