Tuesday, December 22, 2015

just follow the light

I took Jackie to a light show tonight

     We went over to Elburn to the Larsen house, located north of 38 off Anderson Road.  He won the 2013 light fight, what ever that is.
     I have never seen 1,000,000 lights flicker on and off.  Yes, 1 million lights.  Six zeros.
     No, they are not all on at once, but it is pretty impressive.
     There was a bit of a crowd.  We waited about 45 minutes to an hour just to get to the parking lot.   Then we watched the show for about 30 minutes and left.  And you don't really get out of your car, because the music is played on an FM channel of limited range.
     It was crowded.  No, it was packed.
     Traffic on Beith Road and Anderson Road was backed up for a couple of miles in the east and north directions.  There was even a school bus!
     Lights and lasers were used to create a veritable kaleidoscope of colors on his house.  He had lasers that looked like fireworks.  In addition to Christmas songs, he had a tribute to the armed forces and the the Chicago Blackhawks, all synced to appropriate music, including Chelsea Handler.  Names of the branches of service flashed across the walls and members of the Stanley Cup champs were spelled out in various lights.
     We decided to take Corki with, because we figured it was a good car ride for her.
     After leaving the show, Corki got pretty whiny and antsy, so I pulled into a subdivision and took her for a short walk.
     I stopped the car, put on her leash, opened my door, stepped out and nearly broke my leg as the car started moving forward with my feet out the door.
     I forgot to put it in park.
     I scrambled back in as Jackie was yelling to hit the brake...a tough thing to do when you are out of the car.
     Luckily I stopped it before moving out into traffic or across the road into a ditch.
     On the plus side, Corki had to pee..... so it was worth it.
     The light show runs to Jan. 2.  times are 5-10:30 Monday through Thursday and 5 - 12 midnight Friday through Sunday.  There is a website with directions.  Google Larsen light house in Elburn and you will have no problem finding it.
     It was pretty impressive and I wouldn't mind going back again, maybe after Christmas when the crowds thin a little.  Maybe.
     Makes me want to buy more lights for next year.  Not a million more, but maybe a couple of hundred.
     But you'll just have to hum when you drive past my house....music will not be part of the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment