Thursday, November 12, 2015

oops......me bad

We had pork chop dinners tonight

     I went to the firemaen's hall and bought them for all four of us.  This is a fund raising event for the CAN Christmas shopping night.  The organization takes needy youngsters shopping and every child who goes gets a gift card.
     The kids also get a list from parents on what they need, along with the sizes.  I have shoppped with youngsters who stocked up on underwear, pants, socks and sometimes shoes.
     They can also get a toy on the list....but truthfully, there often isn't enough to cover the clothing purchases and a toy, so I have been known to have them pick out a toy under a certain price and add it to their cart.  I know Jackie and I are not the only ones to do this.
     The chops were good.  I went to the right spot, on the right night.
     Usually I have to wait in line when I get there.  So tonight I allowed 45 minutes for the round trip and wait tiem.
     No one was there.  Just the crew and me.
     So I got home 20 minutes faster than expected.
     Since we were eating at 5:30 and it was only 5:10, Jackie suggested I set them in the oven to keep them warm.
     I went one step further....I put the oven on warm.
     I did not think about the potato salad.  It was a little warm, but we ate it and so far, no one has gotten the runs.
     I also didn't think about the styrofoam containers.
     Two of them melted.
     Not completely, but one enough to collapse the sides.  I took that dinner.
     Another melted through part of the bottom, but not where there was any food.
     Lessons learned:  Go the right night, don't turn the oven on to heat styrofoam container.
     I'll know better next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment