Friday, November 27, 2015

i think I have feathers

I have eaten a lot of turkey

     We cooked the bird on Wednesday.  So I carved Wednesday night.
     You know what it is like to carve a turkey?  Lots of little scraps to "dispose" of, not to mention all that delightfully sinful skin.  So I munched a little.  And a little more.
     Of course Thursday there was more turkey, this time with gravy and taters and ..... well, a whole bunch of tasty stuff.
     During the Bears overpowering domination of the Packers, I had to have a little thigh to nibble on. (A turkey's, not Jackie's you dirty minded people!)
     Which left a wing for lunch today.  Yes, I had turkey for lunch.  I did not feel well enough to go to the zoo, so I called in sick and spent from 7 am. to 9:30 asleep in the chair.  Then from 1-4 I did a semi sleep on the downstairs couch.  I watched Casablanca and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  I am still really tired and achy.
     Friday is usually pizza night, but tonight Jackie and I had.....turkey! complete will all the leftover trimmings.
     I am almost ready for bed.  I do hear a drumstick calling.  I love munching on one of those late at night, usually while watching tv.
     Tomorrow, we get rid of the turkey.  I will put packets in zip lock storage bags and freeze them, opening them as needed for the next three weeks until we have turkey again.
     I swear I am developing feathers instead of hair.
     If I have a waddle tomorrow, I will start to worry.
     Wait a minute, I have a waddle already!
     Sigh....must be too much turkey and pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment