Sunday, November 29, 2015

holy crow, Batman

My eyes were just opened, wide!

     Both our Christmas trees are up.  (Note:  they are not holiday trees.  they are Christmas trees.  And we listen to Christmas carols.  Like Grandma got run Over by a Reindeer.)
     John, Emily, Camryn and I went to the Prairie Preservation Society of Ogle County tree lot just off Daysville Road, near where the Sinnissippi operation is.  That is open again this year, but I don't believe they have any cut your own trees.  Last year they told us the trees were too small for harvest, so they brought trees in from Wisconsin.
     The Prairie group bought part of Sinnissippi Forest and has been selling the trees.  Last year we got a nice Scotch pine there.....but Scotch pines are not big sellers, so that area has been cleared.  We got a balsam, like a Fraser or something.  I love the smell of the tree...very balsamy.
     When we got home it was put up and decorated.
     Emily took pictures and posted them on Facebook.
     One is a side view of me....and it has made me realize how terrible I look.  Bethy kept saying it, but now I have seen it.
     It ain't pretty folks.  I look like I am carrying a sack of flour under my shirt!
     I think it's a good thing, because I think it will motivate me to cut down, cut back, and exercise.
     Hopefully, Emily will read this and print  a copy of the picture that I can have for motivation.
     I only see myself from the front....and that never looks too bad.
    Now I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment