Saturday, November 28, 2015

do I panic now, or later?

I got my brochure about my upcoming trip

     Many of you don't know this, so I am not sure how much to say.
     Jackie gave me an early Christmas and birthday present.  I am going to a foreign land, a communist country, located about 90 miles off the Florida coast.
     My trip is in the spring, but I am already pretty excited.
     It is a tour, with a group.  My friend Dan is joining me on this adventure.
     I got a brochure this week outlining tips, tricks, what to pack, what to expect.
     I should not expect Internet service.  Or cell phone service.  This will make it hard, not impossible, to do my blog and post pictures.  I hope the hotels we are staying at will have service, or at least an Internet cafe.  But I am not positive.
     I should pack toilet paper.  Yes, toilet paper.  Although the hotels usually have tp in the rooms, public restrooms, those in restaurants, and anywhere else where nature calls may not.
     And since the sewer system is pretty antiquated, tp is not flushed.  It is tossed in a garbage can.
     It was suggested to bring hand sanitizer, as most public rest rooms do not have running water.
     I am guessing that after tossing my tp into the trash, I will need about a gallon of sanitizer.
     I already have plans to carry a back pack that has:  tp, a toilet seat liner, hand sanitizer, disposable gloves, a hazmat suit, 2 gallons of sanitizer, 26 bottles of water and a small generator.
     I just hope I can carry it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment