Saturday, June 6, 2015

win some, lose some

I now have a deck umbrella

    Thanks to John and Emily, who helped get it assembled and weighed down.
    This is a cantilevered six foor square umbrella.  It is nice.  Or at least it looked nice in the store.
    John and I sort of skimmed through the directions.  I was puzzled as to why it did not look right.    Emily had the directions and asked, "Did you guys read the info in the boxed area?   Usually if it is in a box, that means it is very important,"  or something to that effect.
    We did not.  She did.
    Under her direction, we adjusted the arm according to the directions and:  Voila!!  Looks like it should look.
    So two of my must dos are done for this weekend.
    And a bonus.  After three days of looking for the Big R receipt so I could return my new jeans, I hopped on my bike and took a ride.
    My nose started running, so I put my hand into my pocket and pulled out the Big R receipt!
    In my biker pants!  Go figure.
    Call it a bonus for the weekend, but now I feel better about returning the pants.
    That's it.
    And no, I did not use the receipt instead of a tissue.
    Now, that's it.  For sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment