Wednesday, June 24, 2015

wart, worry, wart, worry, wart

I am in one of my states

     I am a little worried.  Maybe I am a worrywart.
     I am not sure about what....but maybe you can pick help me pick from one of these.
     My ears are still buzzing...my right ear especially.  Does that mean I am losing the hearing in that one?  Should I go to a doctor? Is this the tipping point for hearing aids?  Do I want to get a basic model or blow my savings on a high tech pair?  Maybe a funnel??  wart...wart...wart
     Severe thunderstorm watch until 5 a.m. Thursday.  So, will we get high winds and hail?  Do I need to keep awake and alert to be safe?  wart...wart....wart
     Cubs' game tomorrow....will I be too tired from worrying about the storms to drive home safely?  Will I be able to drop Jackie and crew off and park without getting yelled at by police?  Will Lester pitch a beauty?  Will rain delay the start of the game?  Will Uncle Bubba's Barbecue be on the menu?  wart...wart...wart...
     Prowlers.  Break-ins.  A neighbor said somebody rang their doorbell at 1:30 Wednesday morning but no one was there.  Were they goofy teens out to pull a prank?  Burglars casing a house?  Someone lost or confused?  Should I get a security system?  More outdoor lights?  A big ass dog?  wart...wart...wart...
     Will people I love have a safe trip?  Will the car make it both ways?  Will they be  too tired to drive?  Will they exercise all due caution, including maintaining a proper, safe stopping distance between two cars?  wart...wart...wart....
     Can I remember a Very Important Function Friday morning?  What if my alarm fails?  What if I lock myself out of the house and can't get back in to get the car keys I forgot in the first place?  wart...wart...wart....
     Will the rain ever stop so I can get the damn strawberry patch planted?  And how can I move all that dirt?  What if I need more dirt?  How can I do this soon so I can get the yard cleaned up properly?  wart...wart...wart...wart...
     How can I get my hands on about $500,000?  Will my lotto numbers win?  What if I win and lose the ticket?  What if I win and hide the ticket but forget where I hid it and maybe donate the plaid sports jacket where I hid it to a resale shop and giving up my claim to $180 million that I finally managed to win?  Where the hell is my plaid sports jacket?   wart...wart...wart..wart....
     I am going to bed.  I think I am sleep deprived.  My ear buzzes.  My eyes itch.  My shoulder hurts.  My feet itch.  What is wrong with me?  wart....wart...wart...wart.....
     Oh  no...I hear thunder............or is it my ears?   HEEEEELPPPPP!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment