Wednesday, July 30, 2014

who thought butter could be obscene?

I may have committed an act of vandalism, unintentionally

     Years ago, in my other life, I worked for two years at a hospital in Rockford.  I won't name the hospital, just in case there are still outstanding warrants.
      I was a pharmacy technician.
     This hospital had a school of nursing, and in the main hallway there was a flip board with pictures of every single graduating class of nurses.
     Ever have Land o' Lakes butter?  You know the brand....there is a beautiful maiden on the end flaps and on the front.  She is kneeling and holding a pound of butter.
     Somewhere in my perverted background, I was taught....or discovered... that if you pull the end flap off, carefully fold it up and cut the small carton of butter on the bottom  and sides, you create a situation where if you lift that butter flap, you expose the maiden's knees.   They look remarkably like boobs.
     Again, I don't know how I knew that.  But a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
     I worked overnight with a crazy guy named Bob.  In a fit of boredom one night, we were flipping through the display of graduates.  And it hit me.  I could take one of these native American maidens, exposing her knees, and slip it down into the class of '24.  I was of the opinion no one ever looked at the pictures.
    We worked a seven on, seven off schedule.  I slipped the maiden down into the picture on my last night before a week off.  Then I wondered how long it would take before someone discovered her.
     As it turns out, not long.  All hell broke loose on Monday morning.  Whoever found it notified a supervisor, who notified a supervisor, who notified a supervisor.  The entire case had to be taken apart and reassembled, a job that took most of the day and required two people.
    For some reason, Bob and I were both suspects.  But because we worked such crazy hours, no one actually asked us about it.
    If they had asked me if I put the picture of the girl showing her boobs into the picture frame, I could have honestly answered no.  After all,  she was showing her knees.
     The maiden never appeared again.  At the hospital.
     But bring me a Land o' Lakes carton and I can easily make one for you.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment