Thursday, July 24, 2014

where have I been?

I am amazed at how much I don't know

     I know, most of you knew that a long time ago!
     But lately I have been learning  about things I thought I knew, but I didn't.
     Example.  I love Agatha Christie mysteries involving Hercule Poirot, that little Belgian detective.  Masterpiece Theater on PBS has two new episodes coming out in August.
     David Suchet is an English actor, and he portrays Poirot.  I love the details he brings to the character, and I love the period feel to the show.
      Here's what I did not know:  Suchet has been playing Poirot for 25 years!!  He has done over 70 episodes of Agatha Christie shows as Poirot!  70!!  I have seen maybe 15 and I did not think I missed any.
     His next two are on PBS, then the final three are on Acorn TV.  I never knew there was an Acorn TV.  It is a pay per view channel evidently available on line only.  So if I want to see the last three episodes, including his final performance, in Poirot's Last Case, I have to watch it on Acorn TV.
     And there are Facebook pages for Suchet and Poirot!  There is a Facebook page for Hercule Poirot and a Hercule Poirot Fan Club site.  There is also a resident of South America named Hercule Poirot..... Also, at least two people blog about the series.......and I thought I was a fan.  How did I not know that?
      Remember, I am an idiot.  Does that mean I can watch it anytime?  They don't give a cost....I assume it is not real expensive.  Can I just "subscribe" to those three shows?  The mind reels with questions.
      Adding to my list of things I don't know.   explore.org      It's a website of live cams set up at bear feeding areas on Kodiak Island and other places in Alaska.  One of the sites even includes and underwater camera so you can see the salmon spawning up river, or at least until they reach the rapids where the bears will rip them apart.
     I also don't know how to write my name.  I thought it was easy, but now I am flummoxed.  When booking an airplane ticket on line, it asks for first name.  But my passport uses my first name and middle initial.  So do I: A....just use my first name?  B..... use both names?   C.....Use my first name and initial?  (in effect I become Terryw, which scares me because my name on the ticket will not match my name on the passport) D.... don't even buy tickets because it is too confusing.
     I did not know if you are on a one way street, turning left onto a one way street, that you can make a left turn on red!  I hope you can, anyway, I have been doing that in Rock Falls for the past three weeks.
    My mind reels at the new information I have gathered.  I think I need to go to bed and sleep on all this info.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment