Friday, June 15, 2018

oops

One third of the way and I hurt

We rode about 22 miles today...give or take 100.  My legs are starting to feel it.
Took a lot of good pictures, but the Internet connection here is terrible.
We stayed in a beautiful hotel last night and tonight we are in another beautiful hotel.
My window overlooks the roof of a storage nit and the kitchen prep area.  Lots of weird smells.
And going up to my room?
I had to pause for oxygen half way.  The steps are three inches wide and at a 50 degree angle.  With a curve.  Frightening to go up and down.
They had to help me up with my one suit case.  The girl commented on how heavy it was and asked how long I was staying.  I had to explain the soup, cheese, and barbecue sauce.  She laughed.
I go down the stairs backwards, holding on to the grab bars.  No railing.  Grab bars.
Imagine my surprise when I found out the hotel has WIFI, just not in my room.
Tried to Skype Jackie, but I could not understand a word she said.  It just kept breaking up.  Twice.
But all is well so far...I have not fallen down the stairs.
Have a good night and stay dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment