Saturday, June 23, 2018

hmm....what was that

I had something new today

     Sometimes the food in Europe can be a little different.  Plates seem to be healthier, with smaller servings and more vegetables.
     Tonight Julia and I went to a BBQ at a friends  and I had wapiti.  In the states we call it elk.  It is not as gamey as venison, and was actually quite tasty.  But the company was great.  Craig and Yvonne have two of the cutest little girls in the world, although they are growing at a pretty serious pace.  And their in laws from Australia/England and Germany were also over for dinner.  It was a wonderful evening.
     I spent part of the day doing chores.  Julia had some steel tubs that we turned into planters.  I punched hoes in the bottom  for drainage, filled them with some rocks and dirt and then plenty of flowers.  They look nice, but hey are heavier than hell.
     I also put up some screening on a couple of windows
     This seemed to be pure genius.
     The screening kit has a roll of Velcro tape.  You put the tape in the window sides, then place the nylon screening over it, roll the screen down into the Velcro and it holds.  Petty slick.
     Since I did it, there is always a chance it will fall off in a day or two.....that's my method of operating.
     The weather today was great.
     And that's all the news that fits.
     Be safe.  Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment