Friday, June 29, 2018

Ohh la la!!

I went to France for lunch

     Julia took the day off and we drove to Yvoire, the city of flowers, in France along Lake Geneva.
Jackie and I have gone there many times.  It is a tourist stop....the old part of the city was once walled for defense.
     Now it is filled with small shops selling a variety of objects.
     I always have lunch here, mainly because they make the best perch in butter sauce.  I really have to learn to do this.  The perch is in small fillets and cooked in a buttery sauce that is then spooned over the pieces.
     This place serves it in a pan placed on a warming bar.  That way you take what you want to eat and the rest stay warm.
     It is a beautiful city.  Or at least the  medieval part.  I don't think I have ever seen the rest of the town.
     A new attraction this year for me was a solar powered boat.  If I read the information correctly, the boat takes you on a 45 minute circle along the lake and allows you to glide up to ducks and swans noiselessly  I just thought it was cool to have a solar powered boat.
     Hope all of you are keeping cool and staying hydrated.  The weather sounds like it will be a scorching hot two days




Field trip!  Love the hats!!



Solar powered boat.


She made a pass at me!


People walked around him but he just slayed there



That's me in the shade, guarding the entrance




perch and frites....... great meal



No comments:

Post a Comment