Tuesday, June 19, 2018

needing a rest

I finished my biking trip today

     Am I tired?  Well, we all are.  We hurt today while we have not hurt before.
    Maybe it is psychological, but maybe we just hurt.
    Today's ride started in Geithoorn.  We rented a boat and toured the canals and lake.  The huge lake is only about 1 meter deep.  Seems strange.
     When we took off at 9 a.m. we were the only boat on the water.  When we got back at 10 the canal was getting packed with boats. I'm glad we went early.
     Of course it rained.  But about noon it stopped and just stayed cloudy.  We found a cozy little cafe where I had my final apple baken of the trip.....and a ton of whipped cream.
     I realize my pictures are out of sync. I am posting pictures from last night and some from today, and that about does it for this part of the trip.
     I understand I have some planting and screen hanging to do.
     At last I can get rid of the barbecue sauce I have hauled around Holland.

Thatch for a roof....a new thatched roof is a gift for the next generation.  The roofs last about 40 years.

Anyone else see a face?

Lake is one meter deep


School kids from camp out doing water activities.

Going through Geithoorn


Tourist boat ..... canal is a one way route.


I loved this village at night, but in the morning it began to swell with people, making it impossible to bike, or walk, and the canals became very crowded with boats.

This would be cool

Traffic jam at the turn

Pay attention

One of the many ferries we used ... cost was about $1.25

It's a small bottle

Lunch break

See the shower?  It has a glass wall, but you can go in on either end.  The strange thing is, when you open the door to the room you are in the bathroom!!  Then you walk into the sleeping area.


Could this be my last apple bake?     Hope not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment