Saturday, June 2, 2018

mow, mow, mow your boat

I feel like a gerbil on a treadmill

     No, not because my cheeks are full of food.
     But because I seem to be mowing a low.  An awful lot.
     I usually mow with my mower set at 3.5 inches. 
     But it is growing so fast, if I mow at that height the grass clumps badly.
     So I mow a little higher, like 4. 
     Except it is growing so fast, if I mow at that height the grass clumps badly.
     So now I mow at 4.5.
     That is the highest I can mow. 
     Which means, I have to mow more often to try to get it back to the 3.5 height.
     It seem I just finish mowing and the next day I have to do it again.
     I know, what did I expect with a lawn service that fertilizes the lawn to promote strong roots and green growth?
     But I use about one two gallon can of gas for 2.5 mowings, and with the price of gas rising maybe I would be better off getting goats.
     Yes Doug, I already am an old goat, but I mean the kind that eats grass like crazy.
      I think a herd of 5-10 goats would work very well.
     And come winter, goat stew for everyone!!
     I'm going to go crawl on my wheel and run in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment