Saturday, October 7, 2017

Swiss visitors

I got to see my nephews and neice from Switzerland today

     OK, here comes my connectivity challenge.  My nephew and his wife are in Switzerland.  They have two youngsters.  Are they my:  great nephews?  second cousins?  grand nephews?  grand great nephews?  Just two boys?  And is she my niece?  Niece in law?  Why is it so complicated??
      Swiss schools are a little more strict when it comes to vacations.  There are several two week and longer breaks during the year, and those are for vacations.       They do not allow families to go on vacation because it's convenient, cheaper off season rates, or mom and dad's vacation time.
     The boys are on break, so mom and them made the trip back to visit grandparents and luckily, us.  We had my brother and his wife, and my sister in law from Wisconsin (one of the granparents of the boys)  and it was quite a feast.
     Jackie and I thought it would be good to order pizza for lunch.  Turns out, our favorite pizza places are closed until late afternoon, so we went to a chain and it was actually good pizza!
     I ordered on line, and Michael was watching.  He asked how many pizzas I ordered, and I said two.  He looked at me and said, "Really Uncle Terry?  There's six adults and us."  So I ordered three and he was right!  We had a couple of pieces left over, which will make a good supper for the two of us.
     On the way to order pizzas, we drove by some of the hay bales and straw sculptures and I think they thought those were neat.
     It was a pretty good day....but I had too much to eat!  All that bike riding was just negated.
     Have to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment