Sunday, April 9, 2017

2 cups of what????

I constantly copy or cut out recipes

     I always picture myself making these wonderful dishes....like the chicken Parmesan that Renee posted.  At least I think it was Renee.  It looks easy to make and is delicious sounding.
     I also have some recipes for lemon tarts, lemon meringues, chocolate mousse and dozens of other foods.
     I never make them.  I just think about it.
    Well, I did make the lemon tart recently and I thought it was delicious.  I will make that again.
    Why don't I make them?
    Two reasons.
    I don't like gathering all the ingredients.
    I don't like washing all the dishes.
    And I think they are darn good reasons.
    Yes, I have a dish washer and I could easily put the dirty stuff in the dish washer. But not our pans, which came with the directions to NOT put them in the dishwasher.  Julia got some really neat pans and I think they go in the dishwasher.  But ours don't.  Go figure.
    And usually the dishwasher is almost full.  No matter the day, it seems to be almost full.  Even after I empty it, it is almost full.  I swear, it is a magic machine that takes clean dishes off our shelf and dirties them in the dishwasher.  I wish I had security cameras in the kitchen to prove my theory.
    But the chicken Parmesan looks pretty easy to make.  And it only needs one or two bowls.  I think I can handle that.
    Now about that chocolate mousse.......

No comments:

Post a Comment