Sunday, February 5, 2017

holy cow!!!

I had a lot of likes today

     No, not talking about Facebook or this blog, although I like it when you like me.  Call me a self centered narcissist if you like, but I do appreciate being liked.      No political bent intended.
     I liked the Super Bowl tonight.
     I liked the Bud commercial.
     I liked the Melissa McCarthy Honda commercial.
     I liked the Route 84 commercial, but I don't really remember if that was the right company or what they actually do, lumber, maybe.
     I liked the half time show.  Actually, I loved the half time show!  Lady Gaga is amazing...I have always admired her vocal talents.  And tonight I was amazed by her physical moves in high heels.... how limber she was.
     I liked the previews for Genius and will put it on my list of shows I intend to watch but never seem to actually watch.
     I liked that the crowd at the party I was at was well behaved.  Corki and Jackie did not bother me much, except when someone had to go out.  Guess who that was.
     I liked my afternoon nap today, except it was too short.
     And now, for something different.
     I went to a bakery in Western Springs on my way home from the zoo.  It was only 5 minutes out of the way.
     I googled bakeries and it showed up, reinforcing my belief that Google is the most powerful force on Earth.
     I bought a cherry coffee cake, 2 eclairs, and a half pound of tea cookies.  (These are small cookies with various toppings, designed for tea time.)
     I took out 2 $20 bills, expecting the total to be somewhere in between.
     Boy was I shocked.
     My total for the coffee cake, (which was at least 18 inches long...huge!) eclairs and cookies........$14.59.
    I thought it was a mistake, but no.
    This is a neighborhood bakery and when I went in, I just started inhaling deeply.  It smelled delicious.  Cakes, breads, cookies, pastries....and no coffee.  It was a bakery.  How I miss those types of shops.
     Anyway, I will go back for potato bread and another coffee cake.
     Because, it's another thing I like.




No comments:

Post a Comment