Sunday, February 26, 2017

highway 51 runs right by my baby's door

I once was a long haired folky type guy

   I took guitar lessons.  Hung around in Old Town.  Loved folk music.
Especially Bob Dylan, when he was Bob with nothing but a guitar and harmonica.
   Whenever I put an LP on in the house, my father would grumble and complain about "that idiot" singing "that music," which truthfully encouraged me to play it louder and more frequently.  By the way, an LP was a record...a vinyl disc that you played in a record player... just in case you are under 40 and reading this.  NOTE: my friend John said he is un der 50 and bought LPs....so I changed it to 40.  30 anyone???
   I was just looking  (The wonder of Google and Wikipedia) at all the songs he has written, and I am amazed how many times I have mentioned Dylan's work in daily life.
   Life's Hard, I often tell my wife.  And whenever she asks me who didn't refill the toilet paper, I tell her It Ain't Me, Babe.
   The other night I was late for dinner.  She asked me what took me so long and I told her I got caught at the railroad crossing in Flagg Center.   Slow Train, I told her, and there was No Time to Think about going a different route.  Being there was just a Simple Twist of Fate.
   And the weather?  I read the forecast for Wednesday and A Hard Rains a Gonna Fall.  There will probably even be Buckets of Rain.  I hope the garbage cans aren't Blowing in the Wind during storm.
   For supper tonight we had some food left over.  I pondered about saving it, but she said Better Throw it All Away, but I decided I Better Have It All.
   Guess I'm Doing Fine, but I Feel a Change Comin On.  After all, at my age I am Knocking on Heaven's Door.  But, Death is Not the End, after all, especially for a Clean Cut Kid like me.  Still, I better change and start getting serious about my ever growing gut.
   I don't want this to be In My Time of Dieing, and I know A Long Time Ago was when I should have made lifestyle changes.
  But as long as I Don't Think Twice, It's alright.
  Like I said, he wrote a lot of songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment