Thursday, April 21, 2016

gas made the van go

I took a trip into Chicago today

     I wanted to see the Van Gogh exhibit at the Art Institute, and since it ends on a couple of weeks, I didn't want to miss my chance.
     It was well worth it.
     In 2011 my friend Dan and I spent time in Arles, where Van Gogh's Yellow House was located.  It was here he painted  not only the bedroom picture, but hundreds more.  We were able to stand in spots where he may have stood to paint the pictures.  It was a pretty neat town and a great experience.
    So, the bedroom in the yellow house exhibit went of my must see list.
     Making the day better, because I am a volunteer at an area institution, there is a reciprocity agreement where volunteers get in free.  So all I had to pay for was the Van Gogh exhibit.
     Making the day even better, I had a late lunch at Toni's, a little French bistro type restaurant.  I love that place and the food just popped today.
     All in all it was a very good day.


This line stretched around the corner and down the street.  Why?  Jimmy John's was giving away sandwiches!
Peeping Vincent



Not Van Gogh, but one of my favoriets


bike racks that look like old bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment