Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow

I tend to procrastinate

     I finally finished the dreaded Christmas letter.  I started Dec. 9.
     Now, it wasn't all my fault.
     I did not have paper to print it.  I went to three local places, but no one in town had Christmassy paper.   So I went to DeKalb to a big boxy type store and bought it.
     I do a funny letter on one side and a real letter on the other.  People can read either  side, or neither side.  Their choice.
     So I printed one side, proof read it, then printed the other side, proofread it.
     I proceeded to print 10 copies, with the back upside down from the front.  But I did not notice that.      So I printed another 10 copies.  Now I have 20 copies with the back upside down from the front.
     Certain people in the household said, what's the big deal?  People can rotate the paper.  Certain other people said no, it had to be done right.
     So I printed 20 copies correctly.  Actually, 18 because there were two paper jams.
     I signed them, folded them, and we began stuffing them into envelopes.
     I ran an additional 20 letters off, checking to be sure they were the right way.  Well, 19, because I put the paper in wrong and both sides printed on one side.  Me bad.
     Sign, fold, stuff.  We need seven more.
      I walk into my highly messy den (which incidentally was going to be cleaned today....but due to extenuating circumstances was not) and picked up the upside down letters and thought, why not?  She won't know.
     Funny thing,  NONE of the letters were printed upside down.  Which means the upside down ones were signed, folded and stuffed.
     All the letters got pulled to be sure they were right side up.  In addition, I had to sign, fold, stuff more letters.
     And I am still seven short.
     Don't tell, but I am using the upside down letters.
     I have to....I am out of paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment