Wednesday, December 3, 2014

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning.....

I suck at DIY stuff

     I am not complaining, actually it's sort of bragging.
     I can't drive screws straight.  I can't hammer nails straight.  I can't cut boards straight.
     It is the one thing in my life that is consistent.....my inability to do stuff.
     John and Dan worked on my ceiling project today.  They would have gotten a lot more done if I had some idea of what I was doing.
     I had planned to center the panels in the ceiling, then just cut off the end using my new tin snips and my cut proof gloves.  (Taking a blood thinner, the last thing I want to do is cut myself.  I usually bleed for about 5 days with a paper cut, anything more serious and I could bleed out.)
     Dan's idea was much better, and results in no trimming of the panels.
     Which means it was good I did not put up firring strips.  They would have been in the wrong location for how the ceiling is getting done.
     Making a long story short, we did not finish today.  The project resumes Monday afternoon.
     It actually should go a little quicker, now that we know what we are doing.  Scratch that...now that I know what they are doing.
     In the meantime, I am going to practice hammering and using a power screw driver.  I may get the hang of those things yet.
     And somewhere I have a box with stuff in it....plumb line, jig saw, and who knows what else.
     I have drawers full of odd nails, nuts, bolts, screws, washers, thing a ma bobs........I wonder if those can be recycled with the metals?  If not, I am tossing them.
     Going to be doing a lot of that this next year!
     Jackie and I have a goal of going through one box a week.  So in about 3 years we will go through all the boxes in the basement.    I will find my tools, she will find her dish cloths.
     And the Cubs will win the World Series.



No comments:

Post a Comment