Monday, December 22, 2014

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

I love watching Christmas movies

     Today we watched White Christmas.  I love the movie, but some things don't make sense to me.  I know, "suspend your grip on reality,"   but little things bother me.  Fir instance,  (yes, that was intentional)  when the general gets up at the end to go outside, his housekeeper clearly pushes his grand daughter down and shakes her head no.  Yet when he opens the doors, they are both standing behind him!  I don't know why that it bothers me, but it does.
     Jackie hates the number Choreography, with Danny Kaye singing to a very modern jazzy piece.  It doesn't seem to fit.  I tend to agree.
     And I wonder, Betty goes from the engagement announcement one night to starring in a show in New York the next night!  That was quick!!
     I know, it's a movie.
     But I don't pick apart It's a Wonderful Life, except for when the brother is going to the dance and walks out with pies on his head.....that is a little far fetched.  And I am Uncle Billy, minus the strings.
     Miracle on 34th Street?  Possibly the best lead in to Christmas movie.  Love the parade scene in the beginning.
     I still have Elf, The Santa Claus and Christmas Vacation on the list of movies....but time is running out!
     And where can I find a Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart as Scrooge?  I think that was a great performance.  I also liked the George C. Scott version.  But please, don't show me the Muppets or Disney versions and don't even mention Scrooged.
     But tell me, what are you watching this Christmas?
     Maybe I'll add a few movies to my watch list!

No comments:

Post a Comment