Wednesday, June 22, 2022

tour time

 I helped out at the museum today


    We had a tour group come visit.  The Lincoln Highway Heritage group sponsored the tour, which included a stop at our museum and another location in Rochelle.

    They were a little late....supposed to be there at 1:30, so at 2 Museum Mary and I walked down to their other stop.

    If you know what the Comstock Bus Depot is, you will be impressed.  The owners opened the place for the tour and we went in for a quick look around.  It is like walking back into the 30s or 40s.  Drop dead beautiful.

    I asked if they were gong to reopen for ice cream, but they are not.  Which is a shame.  It's a wonderful space.  There is even a bowling alley in the basement, but we could not see that.

    The offered me an ice cream soda, but by then the group had arrived at the museum, so we headed back.

    When the tour visited the Depot, they would be offered sodas, which would have been a real treat.

    Most of the people on the tour were in my age range.  They seemed to enjoy wandering around the museum and asked some questions, a few even I could answer.

    When I got home, Julia and I started putting together our new downstairs bed.   It is actually Emily's, but we are setting it up for company next week.

    I expected something like an Ikea bed frame, but this has at least 989 parts, but only 10 steps.  We are still on step one.

    Hopefully, tomorrow.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment