Monday, July 15, 2019

something different

I have had 3 patio sets

     We have lived in the house 7 years.
     The first set blew away in the tornado.  I put the set out two days before the storm that took away our daughter's house, and only sat in it once.
     I liked it, so I ordered the exact same set.
     It twas a nightmare....chairs had to be assembled and they didn't fit together, the replacement chairs that were sent were also terrible...one even had a broken arm.  Three replacement chairs were eventually sent.
     But I lived with it.  Did not like it.  Wrote the company several times, complaining about the quality.  No response.  Last year a chair rotted out in the back.
     That's why I started looking for a patio set.   Found a couple that were ok, but Jackie found a teak set and I liked  it.  So, reluctantly, we bought it.
     Understand, every time I go to Europe I see beautiful wooden tables out in the gardens, or under trees, or in a field.  I love those tables.
     But my buying on line experience has been terrible.
     The new set was delivered last week.  I unwrapped it today and applied the teak oil, as suggested.
     After 4 hours of oiling in the garage, I now have four beautiful, sturdy, well built chairs. 
     Tomorrow, hopefully the table.  A little sanding, two coats of oil, and I will have close to my dream patio set.
     I may need help setting up the table though, it is heavy.  Too heavy for me to lift by myself.
     But first, I will get it oiled. 
     When it's all done, I plan on sitting on the patio, sipping a rose, watching the sun go down, maybe munching a hamburger.
     I can't wait.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment