Sunday, June 5, 2016

out of my comfort zone

I rented a car tonight

     Actually, I rented two cars.  I used a web site I was not familiar with, and ended up renting a car I did not want.  I had intended to find the price, but it went into reservation made mode.  I could not cancel it, so I had to call customer service and talked to a nice young man named Mar.
     Call centers in some foreign countries are not conducive to business.  Several times I have been on a call and there has been cheering and yelling in the background.  One time I told the CSR that I could not hear her from the noise.  She explained when one of their team members reached a certain goal, everyone celebrated with a party.
     I guess they don't have break rooms.
     Tonight Mar's coworkers were celebrating something.  Eventually he cancelled my reservation.
     But renting a car forces me to answer questions.
     Do I want additional insurance?
     Are there extra drivers?
     Do I want Sirius XM?
     Do I have 10 fingers and toes?
     Do you want GPS?
     Most of those were no answers.  Most.  I'll leave it to your imagination which ones were yeses.
     Anyway, it's done.
     And lucky thing too....they may run out of cars!  You never know.
     I just hope this all works and we are not stuck at the airport with no car.
     And that would be a disaster!
     Off to bed, hopefully a full night's sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment