Saturday, June 4, 2016

I honestly got caught up

Today  was an "oh, shit"  day

    Somehow, things just got away from me.
    I had a box of stuff to take to shred day at the bank.  But I didn't do that, because I got to weeding in the garden and I just forgot.  Oh, shit!  number one.
     At lunch time, I took a break and had a bowl of butternut squash soup.   It was very yummy, but I had thought I was eating something else that was good.  About 3 I remembered there was a market at Cypress House and a former student was serving up great sandwiches out of his new mobile food truck.  Missing the market and a great lunch = oh, shit!  number two.
     I fully intended to go down to railroad days to watch the ceremony as the train park was officially renamed the Ken Wise Rail Fan Park.  Ken was the inspiration for the park.  I've known him for years and wanted to be there.  That oh, shit!  number 3  moment occurred when I paused to check FB and saw the News Leader story about the ceremony.
     I did manage to weed all my flower beds and the gardens, go for a 10 mile bike ride, take Corki on a mile walk, which actually made this a very productive day for me.
     But it just boggles my mind that I didn't go to any of the three events I had planned to go to today.
     On the positive side, if I had gone to the three events, I probably would not have got the weeding done.  Or gone for the bike ride.
     But that pulled pork sandwich was a missed opportunity.   I would have gladly passed on the butternut squash soup for a sesame seed bun loaded with tender, juice, moist pulled pork....with a little slaw on the side.
     For some reason, I am hungry.

   





No comments:

Post a Comment