Tuesday, June 28, 2016

ocd rears its head again

Sometimes I am a little obsessive

     The dishwasher has to be loaded a certain way.
     I double check all the doors each night.
     I open the door to the garage to make sure the doors are all down.
     I drive into town at 9:30 to buy lottery tickets for a game I know I will someday win.
     At 9:20 I realized I had not bought tickets for the $390 million drawing tonight.
     I have certain numbers that I play when the jackpot gets over $100 million......and I knew that if I did not play them, those numbers would win tonight.
     So I drove all the way into town, bought my tickets, and then went home.
     I am not rich.  I did not win. But I know if I hadn't bought the ticket, there would have been a what if that haunted me for the rest of my life.
     Now I can sleep soundly.
     After I check the doors and make sure the garage doors are all down.


No comments:

Post a Comment